The purpose of this program is to continue to improve the quality of arts education in Iowa through mentoring assistance of beginning arts teachers. Increased opportunities for success have and will benefit these teachers, the students in their classrooms, the local school district, and the state. An important trait of teacher leadership is to create an environment in which quality can flourish. This program continues to foster and sustain this environment for our beginning teachers.
- To build a collaborative community environment between our professional organizations.
- To retain promising beginning arts teachers.
- To promote the personal and professional well being of beginning arts teachers.
- To improve arts teaching performance by supporting continuous professional growth for both mentor and mentee.
New Mentor Trainings
- Mentor Guide/Handbook
- Observation Mentor Training Video
- Tips for Virtual Mentoring
- NFHS – Introduction to Interscholastic Music Course
- Link to W-9 Form
- Online In-Person Mentor Visit Reimbursement Form
- Print-Version In-Person Mentor Visit Reimbursement Form
- Online Virtual Mentor Visit Reimbursement Form
- Print-Version Virtual Mentor Visit Reimbursement Form