Share Your Story with IAAE
Whether you’ve completely transformed your classroom or would simply like to share a positive step forward, good news is always worth sharing. In spite of COVID-19, there are many success stories in arts education throughout our state. We would like to help you celebrate and share your stories.
Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or share your good news in this simple form. If you’d like, include a picture or video of what you’re up to. It means a lot for people to see arts education happening in our state during this time, and anything you can share would go far in advancing the heART of education.
COVID-19 Return to Learn Guidance
Having the best information about COVID-19 and mitigation strategies is vital to student and staff safety as the 2020-21 school year begins. Arts educators and leaders throughout the state are passionate about not only keeping students safe, but moving learning forward and providing high quality instruction during this time. If you’re looking for resources for arts education, the Iowa Alliance for Arts Education is here to help. Click the button below to learn more.
The Iowa Alliance for Arts Education is the umbrella organization for state arts organizations
The primary mission of the IAAE is to increase awareness, recognition and support of policies, practices, and partnerships that ensure and advance quality arts education for all Iowans.
What does the Alliance do ?
- Provide a UNIFIED message with strength in numbers, acting as one state arts education advocacy association. This includes continual contact and coordinated leadership with all of the major arts education associations, the Iowa Department of Education, the Iowa Arts Council, the Iowa Association of School Boards, the School Administrators of Iowa and AEA consultants responsible for arts support in our schools, who operate as collaborative and advisory organizations for IAAE.
- Provide a strong voice for arts inclusion education for the whole child in those discussions, in which proposed education changes take place, affecting arts education on state and national levels. This includes assistance in proactive and reactive advocacy to maintain quality arts programs.
- Provide and administer a Mentor Program for beginning arts teachers funded in part from the Iowa Legislature.
- Provide arts education information and professional development resources in areas current to member needs.
- Provide assistance in proactive and reactive advocacy to maintain quality arts programs.
In addition, we have an active, working board including members from arts education and other community arts education supporters.
Our Executive Director represents all members at various conferences, collaborations, partnerships and communications to advance our mission at a state and national level.