The Iowa Alliance for Arts Education is the
umbrella organization for state arts organizations
The primary mission of the IAAE is to increase awareness, recognition and support of policies, practices, and partnerships that ensure and advance quality arts education for all Iowans.
What does the Alliance do ?
- Provide a UNIFIED message with strength in numbers, acting as one state arts education advocacy association. This includes continual contact and coordinated leadership with all of the major arts education associations, the Iowa Department of Education, the Iowa Arts Council, the Iowa Association of School Boards, the School Administrators of Iowa and AEA consultants responsible for arts support in our schools, who operate as collaborative and advisory organizations for IAAE.
- Provide a strong voice for arts inclusion education for the whole child in those discussions, in which proposed education changes take place, affecting arts education on state and national levels. This includes assistance in proactive and reactive advocacy to maintain quality arts programs.
- Provide and administer a Mentor Program for beginning arts teachers funded in part from the Iowa Legislature.
- Provide arts education information and professional development resources in areas current to member needs.
- Provide assistance in proactive and reactive advocacy to maintain quality arts programs.
In addition, we have an active, working board including members from arts education and other community arts education supporters.
Our Executive Director represents all members at various conferences, collaborations, partnerships and communications to advance our mission at a state and national level.
IAAE Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
The Iowa Alliance for Arts Education is an organization where all employees, board members, and volunteers- regardless of gender, race ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability- feel valued and respected. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and strive to ensure that all voices are valued and heard. We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the entire arts education nonprofit sector and maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all. To provide informed leadership for cultural equity, IAAE strives to:
- See diversity, equity, and inclusion as connected to our mission and to the arts communities we serve
- Acknowledge and dismantle inequities within our policies and programs
- Practice and encourage transparent communication
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our board and advisory boards
- Lead with respect and tolerance